Travelling to college
How to find us
Our address: South Lanarkshire College, College Way, East Kilbride, G75 0NE
Our campus is based in the Technology Park in East Kilbride, a short walk from East Kilbride town centre.
There’s also a satellite office in Lanark, the Rural Academy, which offers courses, advice and training for the community of Lanark and surrounding areas. More about the Rural Academy
If you live close to the campus and want to get some steps in, why not make your way here on foot? It’s great for your mental and physical health, the environment and, best of all, it’s completely free!
There are two pedestrian entrances to the campus through the Scottish Enterprise Technology Park: from the footpath from the town centre or from Kelvin Road on to the main college concourse on College Way.
Cycling to college is great for your mental and physical health, helps the environment and saves on travel costs. There’s a network of cycle routes to get here. These are displayed on a map beside the cycle shelters or see below image.
We take cycling seriously here. Our cycling officer:
- provides students and staff with cycling routes around the college
- supports and offers advice and guidance on the cycle to work scheme for staff
- helps maintain your bike
- advises on what cycling gear to buy
- provides rental bikes for students and staff
We make it easy for cyclists with:
- two dedicated bike parking areas, with parking for 62 bikes, including two covered cycle shelters – one is built into the front of the main building and is CCTV-monitored 24/7, and the other is next to the annexe building
- two self-service bike repair stations: one at each cycle shelter and equipped with a track pump and tools so you can make repairs and adjustments
- changing rooms, showers and lockers next to the main building cycle shelter –if you’re a student, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access
- a pool of hire bikes – six hybrid bikes and two e-bikes – to hire a bike email email@example.com. You can also find pre-loved bikes at a great price at Donate Your Bike Glasgow.
There are many daily bus services to East Kilbride from around Lanarkshire and the surrounding areas.
There are frequent bus services running to and from East Kilbride Bus Station and to stops near the college.
Bus services include:
First Glasgow: 6, 18, 21, 31, 120, 201, 205, M1, N6, N18
McGill’s: 13, 172, 395
Whitelaws: 250, 254, 256
Trains from Glasgow city centre arrive at and depart from East Kilbride railway station every 30 minutes. Trains from Glasgow call at: Crossmyloof, Pollockshaws West, Thornliebank, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Thorntonhall and Hairmyres.
Check Scotrail for the latest timetable information.
It takes 30 minutes to walk to campus from the station and ten minutes to cycle.
The station is a five-minute walk from East Kilbride Bus Station where, subject to timetable, you can catch the number 120.
There’s ample car parking for students, staff and visitors.
East Kilbride is served by:
A725 from M74 and Hamilton
A726 from Strathaven
A727 from Eastwood/Clarkston
A726 from M77 and Newton Mearns
A749 from Rutherglen/Cambuslang
The college is adjacent to the Scottish Enterprise Technology Park on Strathaven Road. Strathaven Road starts at the Birniehill roundabout intersection of the two main trunk roads through East Kilbride: the Kingsway (A725) and the Queenway (A727).
Student and visitor access to the campus is by the Kelvin Road entrance.
Staff access is by the Technology Park entrance at Birniehill roundabout.