Foundation Apprenticeships help young people gain valuable, real-world work experience and work-based learning while you’re still at school.
Whether you want to go to college or university, do a further apprenticeship or go straight into work, a Foundation Apprenticeship can help.
You’ll contribute to work-based real-life projects which will complement what you’ll learn in the classroom and at college.
The qualification usually takes two years to complete although can also be completed in one year, depending on circumstances. You do a Foundation Apprenticeship alongside your other subjects like National 5s and Highers. It all adds up to an industry-recognised qualification equivalent to one or two Highers.
Foundation Apprenticeships are linked to main sectors of the Scottish economy, so you are getting industry experience which will help kickstart your career.
Foundation Apprenticeships available
- Business Skills 1 year (open to S5 and S6 pupils)
- Business Skills 2 years (open to S5 pupils only)
- Creative and Digital Media 2 years (open to S5 pupils only)
- Social Services: Children and Young People 1 year (open to S5 and S6 pupils)
- Social Services: Children and Young People 2 years (open to S5 pupils only)
- Social Services: Healthcare 1 year (open to S5 and S6 pupils)
- Social Services: Healthcare 2 years (open to S5 pupils only)
How to apply
In consultation with your pupil support teacher, you can apply for one of our exciting courses.
- Complete our application form on the course of your choice
- Apply to us as early as possible and at least by the end of February if you plan to start college in August
Find out more about Foundation Apprenticeships at www.apprenticeships.scot