Who are we?
The data controller for the information being collected and used is South Lanarkshire College. Our registered office is College Way, East Kilbride, G75 0NE
If you have any concerns or queries about how we use your personal information you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information may be collected and how?
How you use our website will determine the personal information that may be processed in relation to you.
Directly from you when:
- You make an enquiry - name, contact details, enquiry details.
- You complete an online form – On each of the online forms there will be details on why we are collecting information and how it will be used. The purposes and relevant lawful basis will be provided at the point of collecting the personal data.
- You consent to marketing – name, email address.
From Cookies and Analytic providers when:
- You set your cookie preferences - IP address, analytical data.
How we use your information?
We use the personal information to:
- Respond to your enquiry.
- Progress your application or booking for an event, restaurant, or the salon.
- Record your preferences for marketing and cookies.
Our lawful basis for using this information.
- Contract: where the processing is necessary because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. When you complete a website application form or booking forms because you wish to access a particular service or apply for a course.
- Legitimate Interests: where processing is necessary in the interests of the College or a third party. Our legitimate interest is to be able to provide you with a response to your enquiry when you contact us.
- Consent: where you provide us with consent to be added to a mailing list, you send us an enquiry or set your cookie preferences to provide consent for non-essential cookies.
Sharing Your Information
Only where specified on the relevant privacy notice when completing any form will website visitor personal information be shared.
We use Mailjet to send our Marketing communications.
Retention of Information
The College will retain your personal information in line with the College Record Retention Schedule and as detailed below:
- Enquiries – for 2 years
- Online Applications - details of retention will be on each application.
- Consent to Marketing – for 2 years or until you withdraw consent.
Where consent is the lawful basis you have the right to withdraw this at any time. Please contact email@example.com
Name of Cookie
UMB_UPDCHK, UMB_UCONTEXT, XSRF-TOKEN, XSRF-V
Umbraco backend session cookies, used for maintaining the session stage of the logged in user and also stores on-identifiable configuration information.
Anti-forgery cookie set by web applications built using ASP.NET MVC technologies. It is designed to stop unauthorised posting of content to a website, known as Cross-Site Request Forgery. It holds no information about the user.
__Secure-3PSIDCC, SIDCC, __Secure-3PAPISID, __Secure-1PAPISID, SAPISID, HSID, __Secure-3PSID, __Secure-1PSID, SID, APISID, SSID, 1P_JAR, UULE, NID, OTZ
Google Cookies – Cookies used for targeting purposes to build a profile of the website visitor's interests in order to show relevant & personalised Google advertising. These cookies are also used by Google to display personalized advertisements on Google sites, based on recent searches and previous interactions. SSID, APISID and SAPISID cookies enable Google to collect user information for videos hosted by YouTube. Security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties. These cookies also carry out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.