Access, choices, employment
If you live in Clydesdale and surrounding rural area and you are looking to get back to work, the Rural Academy can offer employability support, job matching, skills analysis and retraining support in sectors where there’s work.
The Rural Academy ACE (Access, Choices and Employability) is part of South Lanarkshire College – it has supported the community with employability services in the Clydesdale and surrounding rural areas of South Lanarkshire since 2017.
- It’s based in Lanark, but works in other community venues in the area.
- It supports unemployed people in rural South Lanarkshire to gain skills and qualifications to progress into work.
What’s on offer?
Employability, support and courses.
We welcome applications and enquiries from anyone looking to get back into employment and who needs a helping hand.
Whatever your circumstances and whatever level of support you need, we can speak to you about the best way for you to gain new skills, qualifications and experience to maximise your chances of getting a job/starting your career in your preferred work sector.
Our friendly staff can offer you:
- advice and support to identify your training needs
- employability skills including CV writing, interview skills, expectations in the workplace
- help with travel expenses
- work placements to help you gain practical skills in a workplace environment, add experience to your CV and give you a chance to show your work skills