Intro to the course:
The National Progression Award (NPA) Financial Services at SCQF level 6 is an introductory award which will enable learners to grasp an understanding of the world of work in the Financial Services sector. The benefits for learners are that the NPA will provide them with the basic skills and knowledge that employers in the Financial Services sector value in new employees.
Significant growth has been identified in the Financial Services sector and concerns about a sustainable recruitment pipeline have led industry partners to consider alternative sources, such as Modern Apprenticeships, from which to draw suitable entry level learners.
The NPA was specifically developed to meet the knowledge component of the Foundation Apprenticeship in Financial Services.
The NPA and the component Units can be offered as a standalone qualification or as free-standing units.
Specific aims of the award are:
- provide learners with an awareness of the economy in which the financial services sector operates
- provide learners with knowledge of the importance of financial regulation
- provide learners with knowledge and skills which are directly relevant to current or future job roles within the financial services sector
- provide opportunities for the personal development of skills and attitudes which will improve a learner's employment potential and career development within the financial services sector.
- encourage learners to adopt best practice work behaviours
- provide learners with an appreciation of financial risk and financial sustainability