Intro to the course:
This course offers you an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required for a cost or management accounting support role within an organisation. You will have the opportunity to develop ICT knowledge and skills, in relation to using current cost accounting techniques. You will also develop skills in preparing financial information for use in decision making within an organisation.
You will have an opportunity to develop a variety of core skills: communication, numeracy, information and communication technology and problem solving.
The PDA will provide you with a vehicle to formalise your skills or as a CPD tool.
Specific aims of the award are:
- develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current cost and management accounting practice
- develop skills in maintaining a working accounting system for classifying and recording cost accounting information
- develop skills using commercially produced accounting software to record cost and management accounting transaction and prepare reports
- develop skills in preparing meaningful and well-presented cost and management accounting information which can be used for decision making within the organisation in a timely manner
- prepare candidates for employment in an accounting or financial administration role