What will I study?
This group award will provide a grounding for those intending to, or interested in, starting their own business by integrating a business fundamentals unit with other topics within the group awards and exploring the digital business models that are available, and emerging, to facilitate access to markets and means of production.
You will also complete an introductory accounting unit to equip you to manage cash flow, inventory and how to cost and price products and services. Towards the end of the HNC (or HND year 1) you will complete a graded unit examination based on the subjects:
economic issues - an introduction
managing people and organisations, marketing - an introduction,
business fundamentals with emerging technologies and accounting for business - an introduction.
You'll learn through a wide range and combination of teaching, learning and assessment methods. Delivery methods may include: lectures; virtual learning environments; problem based scenarios; digital resources; exploration of contemporary issues; case studies; group work; projects; investigations; study pack
Next Step Course Options
You may apply for direct entry to the 3rd year of a Degree or Honours Degree in related subjects, eg:
- BA (Hons) Management, Technology & Enterprise
- BA (Hons) Business with Accounting
- BA (Hons) Business with Information Management
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Rural Business Management
Articulation agreements are in place with:
- Glasgow Caledonian University (guaranteed places)
- University of the West of Scotland (UWS)
- Scotland’s Rural University College (degree awarded by University of Glasgow)
Our previous students have also progressed to:
- University of Strathclyde, Napier and Stirling