Intro to the course:
The Professional Development Award (PDA) Book-keeping at SCQF level 7 offers you an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required for book-keeping or financial administration support role within an organisation. You will have the opportunity to develop ICT Knowledge and skills, in relation to using software packages (Sage Accounting Software) to record financial transactions and payroll processes (Sage Payroll Software). You'll also develop skills in preparing financial information for use in decision making within an organisation.
You'll have an opportunity to develop a variety of core skills:
- Information and Communication Technology
- Problem Solving
The PDA will provide you with a vehicle to formalise your skills or as a CPD tool.
Specific aims of the award are:
- to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to book-keeping and financial accounting practice
- to develop manual book-keeping skills
- to develop skills using commercially produced financial accounting software to record accounting transactions, prepare accounting reports and process the payroll
- to develop skills in basic payroll procedures using manual and computerised systems