SCQF Level 5 Roads Maintenance
Faculty:Faculty of Construction
Core units include:
- An introductions to health, safety and security
- Efficient working practices
- Repair and reinstatement of excavations and pavement surfaces
- Signing, lighting and gaurding
- Searching for underground services
- Small plant and tools
- Modular paving
- Embedded core skills
Duration 13 weeks
SCQF Level 5
On successful completion of the course the SCQF5 Roads Maintenance can lead to employment within the construction industry.
As well as the traditional crafts, the NPA will provide invaluable practical experience and knowledge to candidates who aspire to the more technical professions such as civil engineering and management.
The course is available to school leavers under the age of 18, who are looking for a career in roads maintenance. Minimum age requirement is 16 years of age. Candidtes will require to to provide a satisfactory secondary school report and undertake a sho