Teaching FacilitiesThe learning and teaching facilities in the College are excellent.
Well-equipped classrooms, workshops, computer labs, salons and library and learning centre ensure that our students study in a pleasant environment with up to date equipment and software.
The College cafeteria, which caters for staff and students, is open for breaks and lunches. A selection of hot and cold snacks is available, as well as cold filled rolls, soup, sandwiches and confectionery. Students may take their own food into the cafeteria.
Please check opening times as these vary during the session.
Cafeteria Manager Tel: 01355 807377
Coffee Pod & Shop
The Coffee Pod on the ground floor sells ground coffee, sandwiches and snacks and is open from 0830 until 1530 Mondays and Fridays and until 1930 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during term time.
The shop on the ground floor sells soft drinks, hot and cold snacks and stationery, cards and stamps from 0830 till 1500
VendingVending machines and chilled water dispensers are available in a range of locations throughout the building.
Cash DispenserA free Clydesdale Bank cash dispenser is located on the first floor outside the Library.
The social areas in the atrium on all four floors have comfortable seating arranged in small groups with a wheelchair friendly area on the ground floor.
News is streamed to the plasma information screens.
Information events for students take place regularly on the ground floor atrium.
Quiet RoomA quiet room has been set aside on the first floor near the Library for meditation and the observance of religious belief. The College Chaplains, Gordon Palmer and Anne Paton, visit the College on Tuesdays between 12 - 1 pm during term time.
Car ParkingThere is excellent on-campus parking with entrances to general student and visitor car parks on the right and left of the main access road. Drivers are requested to follow the directional signs and observe all parking restrictions, designated and restricted parking areas and marked parking bays for disabled drivers. Permit parking regulations must be observed. Please observe the 10 mph speed limit and give way to pedestrians.
First AidSeveral members of staff are trained in First Aid and there are two First Aid rooms - on the lower ground and first floors. If you are involved in an accident or incident, please report this to the General Office staff who will arrange for a First Aider to be contacted.
Carbon FootprintThe College is committed to reducing its carbon footprint through a range of initiatives:
- the building has been rated Very Good by BREEAM
- the heating is managed by a building management software system
- low energy boilers are used for heating and hot water
- lighting is automatically switched off in areas that are not in use
- all waste is taken for sorting and recycling
- staff and students are encouraged to use electronic documents
- where printing is necessary, both sides of the paper is used
- there is a bus stop for public transport on campus and more than 80,000 bus journeys to and from the campus were undertaken last session
- there are cycle racks and showers for those who cycle to college and staff are encouraged to take part in the cycle to work scheme
- equipment no longer needed by the College is recycled to other educational and charitable organisations
- with the support of a range of sponsors, a low carbon house has been built on campus as a training resource to highlight the use of renewable energies and low carbon building techniques