Training & Employment
The Training and Employment Team work with young people to assist them in the transition from school to the world of work. They deal with specific training programmes, give advice and guidance and link with employers to organise work placements and give information on funding initiatives and training.
This programme is funded through Skills Development Scotland and is aimed at people in employment who wish to gain vocational qualifications while working. They are designed to help forward-thinking businesses attract and retain staff by offering high quality, work-based training routes to skilled jobs.
The following MA programmes are offered by South Lanarkshire College –
• MA Level 2 and Level 3 Hairdressing ( 16 – 19 year olds only )
• MA Level 3 Construction Trades ( 16 years plus )
• MA Level 3 Plumbing ( 16 years plus )
Training and assessing is done through both college attendance ( day release / block release ) and in the workplace.
All training is offered at no cost to either the employer or the employee.
Work with Employers
The Training and Employment Team can offer the following services to employers –
• Providing young people for work placement opportunities
• Assisting with recruitment of young people
• Giving information and advice on training routes and qualifications
• Giving information and advice on funding for training and recruiting
For further information contact a member of the Training & Employment Team.
Ann McCracken, Training & Employment Adviser
Diane Ashwood, Employer Liaison Assistant
Jannette O'Brien, Training & Employment Assistant
Elise Bonini, Training & Employment Assistant